The 2023 IASE Satellite conference will be hosted by the University of Toronto's Department of Statistical Sciences on the 9th floor of 700 University Avenue (see map below). The venue is centrally located and served by the subway system (Queen's Park station), and there are many attractions within walking distance including museums (Royal Ontario Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario), historical buildings (University College, Ontario Legislative Building), and vibrant neighbourhoods (Kensington Market, The Annex). There is so much to do and see in Toronto, with its bustling cultural life and delicious food scene! You can check out this website to find out more about what the city has to offer.
To find out if you need a visa to enter Canada and for information on the visa application process, please consult the WSC64 Visa site.
If you require a Visa, you can request an invitation letter for your Visa application by emailing IASE2023.Satellite@gmail.com after registering for the conference. Note that organizers cannot influence or accept responsibility for the processing of Visa applications.
Delegates are advised to apply for visas well in advance of the conference, and before booking non-refundable flight tickets and accommodation.
There are two international airports serving Toronto:
More information on getting to the University of Toronto (St George campus) is available here.
- Toronto Pearson Airport: The conference venue is approximately 30km away from the Pearson International Airport. Besides taxis, the Union Person Express train is a convenient way to get from the airport to the city and its subway system (TTC).
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport: There is regular shuttle service from the airport to the city centre/subway system.
Attendees are invited to stay nearby (see map below). The conference has blocked off rooms at very competitive rates for that time of year. Note that these rooms are subject to availability and based on a first-come-first-served basis, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel - Toronto Downtown (108 Chestnut Street, Toronto; 0.75 km from conference venue)
- Hotel guest rooms are C$219+tax/night (or C$257.37/night), not including breakfast.
Each guest room has one queen-sized bed and maximum room occupancy is 2 people.
To book a room at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel visit this booking link.
You can also book a room by calling the hotel directly at +1-416-977-5000 or toll-free at 1-800-445-8667, and using the group code 902.
- Victoria College - Rowell Jackman Hall
(85 Charles Street West; 1 km from conference venue)
- Single rooms are C$90.92+tax/night (or C$102.74/night), including breakfast.
- Double rooms are C$121.34+tax/night (or C$137.11/night), including breakfast.
Rowell Jackman Hall is a suite-style university residence. Each suite has between 3-5 (mix of single and double) rooms and 1-2 shared bathrooms. Each room has one (single room) or two (double room) single beds.
To book a room at Victoria College-Rowell Jackman Hall you must fill out this form and include "IASE 2023" in the "Where did you hear about us?" field.
- St. Michael’s College – Upper Brennan, Brennan Hall (81 St. Mary's St; 850m from conference venue)
- Rates vary by room and single/double occupancy, ranging from C$80 to C$187+tax/night.
This is a university residence with shared bathrooms. To book a room at Upper Brennan, please email your request to Michelle Tong, Supervisor of Conference Services at St. Michael’s College in the University of Toronto, at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know that you are staying for "IASE 2023”.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided to in-person attendees on all three days of the conference (11-13 July) at the conference venue (included in in-person registration fees).
For other meals you can explore Toronto’s a booming and diverse food scene, offering authentic cuisines from around the world as well as innovative fusion cooking. There are many restaurants for you to try around the venue based on your tastes, and you can find out more at this website.
700 University Ave.
(by Benson Hua under CC BY-SA 2.0)
University of Toronto
Art Gallery of Ontario
(images from pixabay & unsplash)